Berlin International School ∙ Lentzeallee 8/14 ∙ 14195 Berlin ∙ +49 30 / 82 00 77 90 ∙ www.berlin-international-school.de
Annual events at Berlin International School
At Berlin International School we have several occasions to celebrate with parts or even the entire school community. The following annual events have become a school tradition.
- ‘Einschulung’: This German tradition celebrates the start of the school career of our youngest students. On the Saturday before the start of the school year, they come with their families to school for a small celebration and introduction to their class teachers, assistants and their classrooms.
- Graduation: At the end of Grade 10 and Grade 12 we celebrate the successes of our graduating students after completion of their IGCSE programme or the IB Diploma/American High School Certificate.
- International Day: Before finishing the school year the B.I.S. community celebrates its diversity by getting together with lots of food, drinks, games, a cultural stage programme and a ‘Parade of Nations’.
- Gala: At this occasion we give the many talents: students, staff and parents a stage to perform: acting, singing, dancing, etc.
- Winter Festival: All Primary classes and choirs celebrate the start of the festive season with a stage programme.
- Winter Bazaar: Assisted by lots of helpful staff and parents, students produce seasonal gifts and food. These products are sold to the benefit of our humanitarian projects.