Vision, Mission and Philosophy
Berlin International School is an IB World School and an officially recognized private school in the State of Berlin. We are a private, non-profit, non-denominational day school offering student-centered learning to international and local students fromGrade 1 through university entrance preparation. We are a part of Stiftung Private-Kant Schulen gGmbH and play an active role in the life of this educational institution.
We are committed to promoting the values and attributes of the “IB Learner Profile” and the Bildungs- und Erziehungsziele in the State of Berlin, while facilitating an appreciation and respect of our shared humanity and diverse community.
We are student and learning focused.
- Provide challenging programs that support students in realizing their academic and individual potential.
- Offer a curriculum that is local and global, develops conceptual understanding, has a particularly strong emphasis on inquiry and encourages academic excellence.
- Encourage the development of thinking, communication, social, self-management and research skills.
- Cultivate multilingualism with an emphasis on English and German language acquisition.
- Ensure that students are able to work independently and as part of a team, in addition to having the opportunity to gain leadership experiences.
- Innovate with technology to further enhance teaching and learning.
- Support learning and program development through effective, deliberate assessment practices.
- Facilitate opportunities that enhance social, intellectual, physical and creative competencies inside and outside the classroom.
- Create a safe, supportive environment where the physical and emotional integrity of each member of our community is respected.
- Develop awareness of our individual and collective responsibility to live sustainably.
- Foster a shared partnership between students, families and the school.