Primary – Music Teacher / Part-Time - 13 Hours per week (Leave of absence cover)
We are seeking to appoint a fully qualified, experienced and enthusiastic music teacher to work with grade 3 and 4 students. A knowledge and understanding of the Primary Years Programme and previous teaching experience is preferred, but not required. The successful applicant will have the ability and the experience to successfully teach international students.
Length of cover: April 2019 - July 2020
The successful candidate will be joining a high performing and dedicated international faculty focused on enabling all students to maximize their potential. Applicants are asked to send a cv (resume) and a letter of application that includes mention of their educational philosophy and longer-term professional ambitions to the Primary office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondary - Geography
We are seeking a qualified Geography applicant to join our Social Studies department. The ability and the experience to teach Geography to IB diploma and IGCSE level is essential. An interest and ability to also teach History/general Humanities may also be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be joining a high performing and dedicated international Social Studies faculty focused on enabling all students to achieve their potential.
The successful candidates will be joining a high performing and dedicated international school faculty focused on enabling all students to achieve their potential.
Start Date: August 2019
Berlin International School has a competitive, open and transparent salary scale. Details of this as well as relocation and other benefits will be discussed during the interview process.
Application process and supporting documents
Applicants are asked to send a, photograph and CV that must include demonstrated evidence of the following:
- Mother-tongue (or near to mother-tongue) English language proficiency
- Trained Teacher Certification from a University or College of Education
- At least 2 years of relevant teaching experience, preferably international
- A Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree or PhD/EdD, in the domain to be taught, from a College or University
- Experience with the IB Diploma/IGCSE preferred
- Teachers applying for a teaching position in our school must possess a valid teaching qualification
Highly desirable are:
- Team players / a collaborative spirit and mentality
- Experience articulating curriculum in a K - 12 school
- The ability to improve language competency no matter the subject area taught (We are all language teachers at B.I.S.)
- The ability to facilitate rigorous learning using advanced ICT
- Can do, will succeed attitude
- A sense of humor
Applications for the attention of the Secondary Principal : Mr. Michael Cunningham email@example.com the subject line of the email should indicate the position(s) being applied for and then the applicant's name.
Selected candidates will be contacted for a telephone/Skype interview, followed by, for short listed candidates, an interview in Berlin.
Our interview process for teaching faculty reflects our approaches to all aspects of our work: purposeful and learning-focused.
The purpose here is to assess the degree of fit between your approaches to learning, teaching and assessing, and ours.
We like to give you time to reflect and prepare in advance, so we are providing you now with the main lines of inquiry that will shape our short time together. While each interview evolves differently, our key questions will be as follows:
- What have been the most influential elements in your career to date, and how have they shaped your approaches to learning, teaching and assessing?
- Why do you teach?
- Why should anyone be taught by you? Why B.I.S?
- Specifically, what is it about our school that interests you?
- What added value would you bring to our school and community?
- What might you gain from working with us?
For interviews we encourage you to bring with you evidence of student learning, as an illustration of your approaches to learning, teaching and assessing. This can be in the medium or format of your choice. An observed lesson is part of the process.