Thriving, being happy and experiencing success …
… in the classroom and beyond
Our students love learning in the Primary! We offer a warm, caring learning environment which supports all children to grow, develop and excel academically, creatively, physically, socially and emotionally. We have a dynamic and passionate group of professionals from around the world who truly want the best for students and intentionally uncover, nurture and unleash students’ curiosity, talents and competencies. Our focus is squarely on student learning and their well-being; equipping our students with the skills and mindsets necessary to thrive, be happy and experience success in their learning – in the classroom and beyond.
Our Approach and Curriculum
The Primary Years Programme
Our school is authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) to offer the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP). This constitutes our international curriculum framework, which is enhanced by the Berlin Rahmenlehrplan. The PYP promotes an inquiry-based approach to learning and teaching and aims to develop internationally-minded students who can think critically, knowledgeably and respectfully about the world around them.
- We support children in taking meaningful action and provide enriching leadership opportunities.
- We value the arts as an essential form of expression and communication and celebrate the arts as a community.
- We work with positive discipline to develop children’s abilities to self-regulate and develop healthy relationships.
- Our library offers students a place to explore the wonderful world of books in multiple languages.
- We meaningfully integrate Educational Technology into all areas of our curriculum and use our EdTech Lab to explore, construct and innovate.
- Our assessment practices are varied and effectively inform our teaching practices and curriculum development.
- Building partnerships with parents is an essential part of our work in the Primary.
- Our students profit from our positive, welcoming community.
- Taking our learning out of the classroom enriches our students' learning and is key to developing a sense of belonging in Berlin.